Friday, September 28, 2007

Guilty Pleasures 101





Visitng my mom in NYC, the options here are astounding. Do I go with Kenny Rogers? Babs? Neil Diamond? Perhaps something from the Flashdance Soundtrack, or Billy Joel?

Wait...here... the choice is clear-Barry Manilow. I'm certain its a TRUE guilty pleasure, not like Journey, for instance, or Rush, where really, guilt doesn't enter into it, more like pride. But earlier this summer I was at a yard sale while visiting my friend Tim in Philly, and they had every single Manilow vinyl LP pre-1985, each of which we had on 8-track growing up, and which I still konw all the words to...that includes the double live album with all those commercial jingles.

"You deserve a break today" and the like

Anyway, I had them all in my hands and actually put them back...I'm embarassed to say, because I was embarassed to buy them from the hipster (who obviously herself had bought them somewhere). Its the only time that ever happened and I regret it.
Terribly. It almost happened with Air Supply's Greatest Hits, but I was able to pull the trigger on that one.



VIDEO BONUS!!SCTV Krishna Sings Manilow

No comments: