Monday, April 14, 2008

I Fought The War but The War Won
















Emily Haines' debut album Knives Don't Have Your Back was one of my favorite rainy day albums of last year. As I'm also a fan of her other band Broken Social Scene Fan, I thought I'd check out her other other band, Metric, and came across this terrific track.

Monster Hospital is the first single from Metric's 2005 album Live it Out. In contrast to the piano based melancholia of Haines solo work, this one is a straight out rocker, with the kind of sound, energy, and angular guitar lines I'd hoped to hear from the Breeders on their latest
(No Dice There).

The refrain "I fought the War but the War Won, Stop for the Love of God!" is one of the great chorus hooks in recent memory.


DOWNLOAD MONSTER HOSPITAL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is cool - thx