Monday, August 11, 2008

The Worst Song of All Time



I've given it a lot of thought over the years, and I've come to a decision about my vote for the worst song of all time. For several years the honor went to LA Woman by the Doors, for that "Mister Mojo Risin" nonsense. Alvy's always voted for the live version of Katmandoo by Bob Seger. Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band was a strong contender.

In my book, though, the honor goes to "Go For It" by Joe Jackson, off his 1986 album Body and Soul. This cutesy upbeat ode to positive thinking misses the mark in every way. Just consider the lyrics:

When you think of Ray Charles
You think of sunglasses at night
but if he can play piano so can you
and you can tell black from white
are you telling me I'm not right?

yes Joe....so very very not right

Any of you FI folks have a nomination for worst song of all time? Post it in the comments


GO FOR IT

1 comment:

Tony B. said...

That is very, very bad.

That said, i'm glad you got to mention LA Woman as an honorary mention.