Friday, September 18, 2009



As I ponder the idea of producing a city-wide youth battle of the bands in 2010, I harken back to The North Side Battle of the Bands in 2007, when one of the teen groups brought the house down with a full blown, uncensored version of Pink Floyd's "In The Flesh". I'm still kicking myself for being in the restroom for their performance,which blew minds by all accounts. The band lost the competition on a content technicality (facism, racism, homophobia), which I'm sure they had taken into account and blown off.

Do any of you fingrehutters who were present remember the band name?

In The Flesh

1 comment:

Tony B. said...

Man, I wish I could ... and yes it was exactly as you describe, as I recall.

Did anyone take photos? Maybe the hitmaker did? I'll check with him.