Monday, October 12, 2009




After 10 years of semi-monthly this-is-my-livelihood-not-my-hobby garage sales at my neighbor's place to the east, I finally found something neither overpriced nor useless to take home with me. Nestled in the back of a crate of vinyl albums consisting mostly of The Fixx (who knew they had so many records?), I found a bevy of Laurel Canyon gems including Linda Rondstadt's first album, some very early Boz Scaggs, two albums I'd never seen from the Byrds, and this rare and seminal contry rock LP from Dillard and Clark, the duo of former Byrd Gene Clark and Bluegrass banjo virtuoso Doug Dillard along with Chris Hillman, Sneaky Pete and others helping out. Released soon after Clark left the Byrds in 1978, Through The Morning, Through The Night contains a set of originals plus great versions of tunes by The Everly Brothers (So Sad), Bill Monroe (Roll in my Sweet baby's Arms), and even the Beatles (Don't Let me Down)

Kansas City Southern

No comments: