Thursday, November 6, 2008



David Berthy Posts


Every 1's A Winner

What a strange thing it is to walk around feeling dumb happy. Please allow me to aid in your celebration by contributing these two tracks from UK band Hot Chocolate, best known for their smash hit, “You Sexy Thing.” I’ve found gold (my sort of gold, anyway) by digging through Hot Chocolate’s back catalogue, where I discovered the source of both of today’s tracks, the Every 1’s A Winner album. Neither “Confetti Day” nor “Stay With Me” possess the universal appeal of “You Sexy Thing,” but they certainly aren’t without their charms. Sure, the synth lines could have been a touch less grandiose; and I won’t argue that the lyrics for “Stay With Me” aren’t patently ridiculous; but I, for one, am all in favor of this sort of solid-gold enthusiasm right now. Every 1's a winner indeed.

Confetti Day

Stay With Me

No comments: