Thursday, June 18, 2009




David Berthy Posts

I just got back from working on the video for this song by MSTRKRFT
featuring John Legend. I've listened to this song hundreds of times
over the last two weeks, and I'm surprised how well its held up. The
lyrics have an innocence that reminds me of sixties girl groups, but
the electronic backing and the deadpan delivery make it feel fresh. I
don't want to spend another night in a pinata store listening to it on
repeat at any point in the near future, but I think it's definitely
deserving of a listen.

MSTRKRFT-Heartbreaker

4 comments:

quickdraw said...

Nice job, David Berthy! I love the video, and the song's pretty cool too.

Jimmy Swingset said...

I know a director who didn't get that video after pitching it! I think this treatment is pretty cool. Dig the song too.

Did you take the job @ Digital Kitchen?

db said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
db said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jon. Seems like no job to be had there for now, so no.