Friday, June 12, 2009




Tony Bianchi Posts

A couple weeks ago, I was driving from Portland, Oregon, to the town of Astoria (see above), and naturally forgot to charge the ipod, so was left with the complimentary cd from my room in the really hip Ace Hotel (nice place, actually.)

And that was good, because it forced me to listen to a record of the Headless Heroes about ten times over the 180 miles, which turned out to be pretty good fit for the winding road along the Columbia River.

And it turns out they aren't a band, exactly, but some sort of NYC art collaborative / music project, with a (I think) portland-based folk vocalist named Alela Diane singing all the songs. They are all covers, but besides Daniel Johnston, Jesus & Mary Chain and someone named "Nicholas Cave" I didn't realize that, they not the most well known tunes, which I believe is the point.

So here's one very atmospheric track "To You" and a much more traditional sounding "Blues Run The Game" by someone named Jackson C. Frank (covered by Simon & Garfunkel, which won't be a surprise when you hear it.)"


Headless Heroes

No comments: