Monday, November 9, 2009



Having just returned from some errands on a recent Sunday afternoon, I was lamenting that I hadn't made time for a record-shopping stop when I noticed a pile of LP records sitting on top of my neighbor's garbage can. He had just put them there, and I saw him exit the alley into his garage just as I went over to investigate. Here's what I found-all in perfect condition:

CSNY- 4 Way Street
Dire Straits-Making Movies
Rod Stewart-Never a Dull Moment
The Cure- Standing on a Beach
Tears For Fears-Songs from the Big Chair
Gerry Rafferty-City to City (with both "Baker Street" and "Right Down the Line"
Phil Collins- No Jacket required
Howard Jones- Dream into Action (crap! though No One is to Blame is a guilty pleasure)
Peter Townsend-Chinese Eyes
Squeeze- Argy Bargy (1980)

The treasure here is the Squeeze record, which I put on immediately. Though I love this band and know their greatest hits collection "Single 45's and Under" note for note and word for word, I never had a proper album of theirs in my collection. I was interested to hear what their album cuts were like. I've chosen "Wrong Side of the Moon" from side 2, the only track co-penned by Jools Holland and Chris Difford. Holland wopuld leave the band after the album's release.

Wrong Side of the Moon

No comments: