Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back in The Game



Like Syl Johnson, FI is back in the game! By way of explanation, I had decided to stop posting because I truly thought that no one was Fingerhutting. Well, you all proved me wrong, so thanks for chiming in! Let me know you're out there from time to time...

Here's a fitting track from Chicago R&B Legend Syl Johnson.
In the 70's, he recorded three albums for Willie Mitchell's Hi Records label , produced with the Hi house band ( who created that signature Al Green sound). This song, certainly not his strongest material (downright brutal actuallly), is the title track from his 1994 comeback album on the local Delmark imprint.

DOWNLOAD BACK IN THE GAME

DOWNLOAD A REALLY GREAT EARLY SYL SONG-DIFFERENT STROKES

5 comments:

Tony B. said...

See, now this is funny because i was about to post some syl johnson myself at lakeeffect ... so this is officially a trend!

I'll cross post the link in the comments ...

Benjamin said...

YES! Welcome back!

Tony B. said...

And welcome back from that short hiatus!

As promised, two of Syl's songs from the 70's.

Simo said...

This is incredibly weird! Literally 30 seconds before I saw this, I downloaded two more early Syl Johnson tracks from e-music. They are still downloading-"Different Strokes" and "is it because I'm Black". Its Synchronistic Syl-Mania!

jem said...

hooray! the FI lives on!