Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hawaiian Sunset




David Berthy sent me this track prior to his terrific Elvis monologue at the Ukulele Cabaret a couple of weeks back. His reading, both funny and sad, was a first person rumination from beyond the grave about a variety of real life issues and events from Elvis including cars, karate, Richard Nixon, Colonel Parker, and more... revelaing a core of loneliness and loss as he read.

The song is from the 1961 Album and movie Blue Hawaii, and I can't stop listening to it. One thing Elvis' swindler/svengali Colonel Parker always insisted on was that Elvis record at least ten songs for every movie he made so that he would have a full album ready with every film he released.

I believe a full scale Elvis phase is on my horizon.

DOWNLOAD HAWAIIAN SUNSET

2 comments:

jem said...

This was a nice little mid-day lullaby.

I like the mellow beachy theme going on...Surfer Girl, now Hawaiian Sunset. Maybe if we listen to enough beach music, the temperatures will rise and winter will go away...? wishful thinking.

Simo said...

Yes thats the plan and it kind of works, at least in my head while I'm driving.