Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Give Me Back My Wig


Chicago's Own-Hound Dog Taylor

Out on the town this past Saturday night, I was reminded of this song amidst all the Halloween revelers. I've never been a fan of the Chicago Blues, but when I came across this record back in my Jazz Record Mart days, I was struck by the raw organic feel of Hound Dog's two guitar + drums attack...raw and reckless... and the lyrics are priceless. This smokin' 1974 live recording was released as Beware of the Dog after Hound Dog's Death in 1975.

Download Give me Back My Wig

ps. For those of you who missed it, be sure to scroll two posts down and watch the misheard song lyrics video. Its guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

1 comment:

quickdraw said...

Holy $#@%, YOU're posting a blues song?? Oh wait, there's a pig flying by the window.