Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Turn it on Again?


Guess what? Growing up I was a huge Genesis fan. Guess what else? I'm going to see them tonight. I kinda wish I could be like the hipsters and say I dug'em best in the Peter Gabriel Era:


but it would be a stone cold lie. The truth is that victimized as I was by being a child of the 80's, It was the Phil Collins era I loved first:

only later did I go back to find the real motherload of the Gabriel era... The whitefaced, flute and bass drum playing, flower costumed goodness.

So for today's download I'll bridge the gap by featuring a track and a video from the first record with Phil up front, my favorite ever Genesis Album, " A trick of The Tale", from 1976.

Song-Squonk from A Trick of the Tale

Squonk

Title Track Video: A Trick of The Tale:

No comments: