Wednesday, September 17, 2008



Earlier this week we lost Richard Wright, original member and keyboardist for Pink Floyd, to cancer. Though he wasn't the band's most prolific writer, he was responsible for writing large portions of Meddle, Dark Side of The Moon, and Wish You Were Here.

Weeks ago in a bar I heard the song "Fearless", one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs that I had forgotten about because its rarely played on the radio.
Its from the 1971 album Meddle, which heralded a softer direction in the band's sound that would become fully realized on Dark Side of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

Near the beginning and at the end of the song, a field recording of the Liverpool F.C. Kop choir singing their theme song "You'll Never Walk Alone" is superimposed over the music.


DOWNLOAD FEARLESS

2 comments:

quickdraw said...

I fear there is a problem with the link, Simo.

Simo said...

I've fearlessly corrected it!