Wednesday, September 10, 2008



A while ago Lozier and I got into a discussion about the song Wagon Wheel. I had heard it was a Dylan tune and he was pretty sure it was an original. Turns out we were both right.The wiki tells us " The chorus for the song comes from a Bob Dylan outtake from the soundtrack for the film Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (In my top three Sunday morning records of all time. Buy it!). Although never officially released, the Dylan song was released on a bootleg and is usually named after the chorus and its refrain of "Rock Me Mama." Although Dylan left the song an unfinished sketch, Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show wrote verses for the song around Dylan's original chorus. The song has become extremely popular since its inclusion on Old Crow Medicine Show's major label debut, "O.C.M.S."

Wagon Wheel

1 comment:

quickdraw said...

I enjoy this album quite a bit, but this is by far the best track. I will be singing it in my head for days now.